Terms and Conditions
We provide our website to you subject to the following conditions. By using our site you accept these conditions and agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to them you must not use our site.
The following policies also apply to your use of our site and shop, our:
- Copyright and Trademark Notice explains who owns the intellectual property on this site and how you may or may not use it;
- Shop Terms of Sale explains additional terms and conditions that apply when you purchase goods from this site.
How you may use our site
We own this website and we or our licensors own all of the intellectual property published on it. Intellectual property includes copyrights in the site’s text, graphics, logos, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations and software, as well as trademarks. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
We grant you a limited licence to view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from this website for your own personal use.
This licence is subject to the restrictions set out below, elsewhere in these terms and conditions, and in our Copyright and Trademarks Notice.
Limitations to how you may use our site
When using our website you must not, without our express written consent:
- Modify it, or any portion of it;
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or republish material from it, including on another website, except for material specifically made available for redistribution (such as newsletters);
- Sell, rent, sub-licence or otherwise exploit material from it for a commercial purpose (including by the collection and use of any product listings, descriptions or prices, by copying of account information for the benefit another merchant, or by data mining, robots or similar data extraction and mining tools);
- Frame, or utilize any framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout or form);
- Use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing our name or trademarks.
In addition to the above you must not use our website:
- In any way that causes, or may cause, damage to it or impair its availability or accessibility;
- For any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- To store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- To transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications;
- For any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent.
Links to and from our site
You may create hyperlinks to our website pages provided that the links do not:
- Portray us in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter;
- Connect our site to a site that promotes any illegal, fraudulent, harmful or distasteful content or activities (including pornographic material or the infringement of intellectual property rights);
- In any way imply that we endorse your site, products or services;
- Misrepresent your relationship with us.
You may not use any of our or our licensors’ logos or other proprietary graphics or trademarks as part of the link without our or their express written permission.
Our site may contain links to third party websites. We aim to limit these links to sites that provide relevant and reputable content, and we will remove any links that we believe are no longer of benefit to visitors to our site. You should, however, be aware that we do not control third party websites. We are not responsible for their websites’ contents. Nor does our link imply that we endorse the material they publish or that we are associated with them.
You must keep your account details safe
You may access most of our site without registering with us. Where registration is required or optional, each registration must be for a single user only.
It is your responsibility to ensure that:
- Any registration information you give us is accurate and up to date; and
- That you tell us promptly about any changes to your information.
- Treat any user identification and password we give you as confidential;
- Tell us as soon as possible if you believe that your user identification or password have become known by anyone else, or that they are being used in an unauthorised manner;
- Take reasonable steps to protect your password, for example by logging out at the end of your session.
You must not:
- Share your user identification and password with anyone else;
- Allow anyone else to use them to access our site.
We may disable your user identification and password at any time, in our sole discretion and without notice, if:
- We have any reason to believe that you have not complied with these terms and conditions; or
- That disabling your registration is necessary to protect the security of our site and its contents.
Website availability and content
We aim to ensure that the content on this site is correct, but we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any part of the content on it, will always be available. We may suspend, withdraw or restrict all or any part of our site at any time for business or operational reasons.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
If you breach these terms and conditions in any way we may take such action as we deem appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the site, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the site and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
We reserve our rights to take any or all of these actions to remedy any breach by you. Our not taking immediate action, or action within any period after your breach, does not limit our right to take action at a later date.
Assignment of our and your rights
We may transfer or sub-contract our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
Severability of these terms and conditions
If any of these terms and conditions is deemed invalid, void or for any reason unenforceable by any court or other competent authority, that condition will be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
These terms and conditions only apply to you and us
These terms and conditions are for your and our benefit and they are not intended to benefit any third party or be enforceable by any third party. The exercise of your rights under these terms and conditions is not subject to any third party’s consent.
Events beyond our control
We will not be liable to you for any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control (including war, civil commotion, riots, malicious damage, floods, drought, fire, epidemic, failure of internet or telecommunications providers, changes in legislation or acts of God).
Scope of these terms and conditions
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions are governed by English law and any disputes relating to them will be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Changes to these terms and conditions
These terms and conditions were updated with effect from 20 May, 2019.
We may update them from time-to-time. This may be because of a regular review, because we become aware of ways in which they can be clarified or improved, or in order to comply with changes in legislation.
How to contact us
Please do get in touch if you have any questions about our terms and conditions. You can do so by:
- Email (link) at email@example.com
- Or by writing to: Arthur Ransome Trust, The Hayloft, Coal Gate, Broughton-in-Furness, CUMBRIA, LA20 6BP.