Arthur Ransome Trust headline news
‘No supplies from Atkinson’s. Occupied by treacherous enemy.’
HARK! Check out our Home Activities Resource Kit
29 March, 2020
Are you stuck at home – and worse, bored?
Or are you looking for inspiration for someone who is?
If so, check out our new, free Home Activities Resource Kit. You’ll find:
- A range of Swallows and Amazons-themed brain-teasers, from word searches to picture puzzles;
- Ideas to spark your imagination and creativity with pen, words, crayons and drawings;
- Suggestions for new skills to dabble in or master as your time and enthusiasm allows.
Remember, a lifetime of exploration and adventure really can begin at home.
For full news
Follow us by Facebook, Twitter or our e-newsletter Artefacts for full ART and Arthur Ransome news:
‘Wells dry. Bones scatter the desert. Life impossible.’
From our Facebook page
‘Crawling home more dead than alive. Bellies pinched. Throats parched. Please put the kettle on.’
The Elixir of Life – Reborn
2 December, 2018
We’re pleased to announce republication of The Elixir of Life.
Thriller, horror and historical romance, The Elixir is Arthur Ransome’s only novel for adults. As Christina Hardyment’s introduction explains, it is utterly unlike Swallows and Amazons and its sequels. Even so, readers familiar with the latter will find hints in The Elixir of the celebrated novelist Ransome would become, whilst all may enjoy this stirring tale of life, death and love in its own right.
Why not try it yourself, as winter draws in?
3 March, 2018
We released our new edition of The Autobiography of Arthur Ransome today. It’s the second publication in our Buried Treasure project. Our new edition contains:
- The full text from the first, 1976 Jonathan Cape edition, as edited by Ransome’s literary executor and friend, Sir Rupert Hart-Davis;
- Sir Rupert’s prologue and epilogue;
- A new selection of 60 black and white photographs;
- New, specially-produced maps.
It is available now from our shop.