What will A Ransome Home be like?
- Can I help with Voyages of Discovery?
- Will Buried Treasure unearth Arthur Ransome’s autobiography?
The Arthur Ransome Trust’s big ambition is to establish A Ransome Home. This will be a dedicated Arthur Ransome Centre in the Lake District, where people can discover and enjoy all aspects of Arthur Ransome’s life and works. We also envisage it will be a centre of expertise for projects on site and farther afield. We are working towards this through a range of active projects. These include exhibitions, Voyages of Discovery mobile displays, events, educational resources and Buried Treasure publishing.
Discover more about each project:
- A Ransome Home: creating an Arthur Ransome Centre;
- Snug Berths: establishing smaller-scale, semi-permanent information and displays;
- Temporary Moorings: organising temporary exhibitions;
- Voyages of Discovery: undertaking mobile displays and events;
- Camp Fires: organising talks and lectures;
- Model Students: creating educational teaching materials;
- Buried Treasure: publishing Arthur Ransome’s works.
“Next year you can fill in a lot more,” said Captain Nancy. “We’ll do something splendid. We can plan it all winter. It’ll be something to think about during lessons…. Anything might happen. We could grab a ship.”