Our Story-telling section contains Arthur Ransome’s non-Swallows and Amazons fiction. They include collections of stories, folklore, a romantic novel, an allegorical story and the script for a school play.
The date shown is that of first UK publication. Titles in bold are currently in print in the UK.
Story-telling books published during Arthur Ransome’s life:
- Highways and Byways in Fairyland (1906)
- The Hoofmarks of the Fawn (1911) (Also listed under Essay Collections)
- The Elixir of Life (1915)
- Old Peter’s Russian Tales (1916) (Arthur Ransome Trust) (Shop)
- Aladdin and his Wonderful Lamp (1919)
- The Soldier and Death (1920) (Arthur Ransome Trust) (Shop)
Books published after his death:
- The War of the Birds and the Beasts and Other Russian Tales (1984) (Arthur Ransome Trust) (Shop)
- Coots in the North and Other Stories (1988) (Also listed under Swallows and Amazons Series)
- The Blue Treacle (1993)
- Aladdin and His Lamp (1997)
“Why,” said old Peter, “you have heard scarcely any of the stories, for there is a story to be told about everything in the world.”